3 Replies - 1402 Views - Last Post: 31 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Newbie questions

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hi all -

I studied some programming long ago, recently got back into it, been reading up on a bunch of stuff, and have got confused on a few things, so would appreciate some pointers in the right direction. To start with, I'm interested in writing apps for Android. There's a bunch of frameworks with a gaming slant (Gideros, Moia, Unity, Corona) which are based around Lua, though I get the impression that Java is kind of the 'native' language for Android. How is that...? I'd have thought that being based on Unix, it would be C or something. If you write an app using one of these Lua-based frameworks, does Java still come into it somewhere along the line...?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Newbie questions

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Newbie questions

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Everything goes back to java, you are always required to use the android NDK and run some fancy commands after you are done programming with Lua and C and whatever, and these commands translate your code into java code, so yeah it always comes back to java...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

I think that right now Java is the #1 programming language for Android. So that's where you shuld pick it up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

If you are interested in developing android apps then you should have knowledge of Java language as the programming for android apps is done using this language. The other requirement is of a good app concept which you can convert into an actual app.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1