What are you reading and what is on your book stack to read?

• (51 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

753 Replies - 37192 Views - Last Post: 05 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What are you reading and what is on your book stack to read?

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:23 AM

For the Brandon Sanderson fans...

Free Book

White Sand is another Cosmere novel (like Mistborn, Stormlight Archives, Elantris, Warbreaker), but was never published. If you would like a copy though, you can email Brandon, and he will send you one. I would guess that it will be in ebook format as opposed to paper.

Also, on top of what Dep was saying about Sanderson being a nice guy, he is a good author. Not just for his writing skills, but also because he jumps at the chance to encourage reading by giving away books and freebies. There is this White Sand offer, a few months back him and Robin Hobb worked with Apple to publish one of each of their books via the iTunes store, and he is known for travelling across the US especially (for book signings and the like) and stopping off at airport bookstores and putting random items into his books on the shelves. So, if you are travelling in the US, check Brandon's website, see if he is appearing near you any time recently, and check his books in the airport.

The rest of this post is spoiler tagged, because I don't want to spoil anything for lilVaratep, but I spotted something in Hero of Ages I found interesting. If you've not read the Mistborn trilogy, do not read below as it contains major spoilers for the end of the trilogy.

Spoiler

Finally, tonight he is throwing a release party for Firefight, the sequel to Steelheart, and not one of his Cosmere books. Details on the party and the Firefight release and signings can be found here:

Link

This post has been edited by Bort: 05 January 2015 - 04:27 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• RISC Architecture is going to change everything.

• View blog

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

View PostBort, on 05 January 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

Spoiler

email sent asking for White Sand. Hell yea!

and...(spoilers for like, everything)
Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

Yup, I know exactly what you mean, Dep. At one point, I ended up with both Way of Kings and Words of Radiance, as well as Warbreaker and Hero of Ages all spread out on a table in front of me, as well as a web browser open on the Coppermind wiki, lol. Unless you want major spoilers and speculation, do NOT go and look at Coppermind. Also, as a quick note, if you haven't read Warbreaker yet, you can read it in the Library section of Brandon Sanderson's official site.

I also don't think I'm quite right about the Origin. That just happens to be the direction I am leaning in at present as I think it could fit. No doubt there will be another theory soon enough that will change my mind.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

Well, my plan of re-reading Warbreaker fell through. Instead I re-read Well of Ascension, and also got through Steelheart (and will be reading Firefight when it comes out tomorrow -- assuming Amazon actually sends me my pre-order on time this time).

I was quite intrigued by the most recent State of Sanderson address, and am looking forward to Shadows of Self and Band of Mourning (in theory October 2015, and January 2016, respectively). Calamity (Steelheart 3) should also be coming out in the next year or so, so that will be interesting. Stormlight 3 isn't going to be here until next year, which makes me a bit sad, but I can deal with it... probably.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (51 Pages)
  • +
  • « First