2 Replies - 772 Views - Last Post: 07 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

full programs and softwares

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

hi programmers :bigsmile:/>

I am using C++ to program . and I am in good acceptable level of knowledge about it. my question now is that I want start programming full software with installing feature. the type of programs I want to make like point of sales systems for supermarkets and pharmacies and buying and selling .

for installing feature I read advanced discussion in your website about this ..

now :
1-how can I store the information like the prices and the customers in my program ? should I use the txt files to make this and to save the database or there is more professional way to do this ?

2-about the graphics and the interfacing with the users in most text books I find that it different between the environments . how can I start for windows environment ?

3-is there any professional code I can follow or are there examples and tutorials to learn ? I want to learn making full software for costumers so I need to have more details about this field ..

This post has been edited by jimblumberg: 07 February 2013 - 07:27 AM
Reason for edit:: Removed code tags.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: full programs and softwares

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: full programs and softwares

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

To learn what you need to know about Windows, spend a lot of time on their various programming websites. What you'll learn there will not be C++, but how to use C++ WITH Windows, effectively. You won't learn that quickly in a regular C++ forum.

To make program like you describe, you need to learn to work with a popular database, like SQLite. You'll have hundreds or thousands of items in stores to keep track of - everything from prices, to size of the container it's sold in, quantity on hand, lead time needed for orders, etc. You can't keep that much info in a "flat file" type data file. You need that good free database. Again, get registered on one or two active forums that deal with it, and can answer your questions, as they arise, and as you are learning.

Carefully consider your security options. Once you sell one copy of it, if you're not careful, you'll see it being sold and even given away free, all over the net. Never give away your source code, and never post it on-line, no matter what. Never let anyone "use it", with the source code, for even a minute. Protect your hard work software assets, but give your buyers maximum freedom you can.

It would be good for you to work with a software house of some kind, and get a bit of the inside experience that you don't get from schools, first.

Good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: full programs and softwares

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

thank you  :bigsmile:/>  
so you mean if i want to deal with database i need to learn programming languages specially prepared for this purposes .
 :bigsmile:/> 
again , to learn what i need which is related with graphics and so on - i have to check for windows websites 
ok then here my question :what are other information or programming languages should i learn for making professional software ? what is skills i need to have in order to do such things ? 

does that mean I will use more than one programming languages for one program ? . 

how to make a relationship or synchronize the programs i am using ?

:bigsmile:/> 

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1