1 Replies - 20141 Views - Last Post: 30 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

objective c @synthesize question

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hello.. I 've come here in the hope that someone might help me and my tiny mind comprehend objective c. I've been slamming my head against it for about 6 months now, putting in about 3 hours a week - which is all the spare time I have .. sigh. I don't have any code experience but really love the idea of eventually making iphone games. I've been doing Lynda.com video tutorials but they are for xcode 4.3 and I'm using Xcode 4.6. I've gotten bogged down and am seriously glitching on the task of making connections. On the tutorial at Lynda, they manually drag from the xib object say, a button.. across to the .h file and it automatically creates an @synthesize on the .m file. This isn't happening for me and subsequently the baby app dies before it is born.. Can anyone please help? I've spent hours trying to get this to work and have gone through the web but as yet.. no explanations.. at least, I can't see them..

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: objective c @synthesize question

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: objective c @synthesize question

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Happened to me when I was using Xcode 4.5 and even after updating it to Xcode 4.6. Its not really a biggie though. You can always just type @Synthesize at the top of the .m file and the intellisense will prompt for the properties you have declared in the .h file.

btw if you're developing using iOS 6, you don't have to synthesize properties anymore. In the .m file, just type self. and those properties become available to you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1