2 Replies - 2285 Views - Last Post: 10 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Integration of graphic design into software development

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

Hello,

I have a mandate to coordinate the upgrade of a software. Besides some minor software changes, the main goal/challenge of this project is to make a new visual identity to the program and integrate it into the code. Currently, the design is coded directly via very simple forms (circle, lines, etc.). The programming language is C. What are the challenges and recommendations in the integration of a new graphical design into software development?

My questions in more details:
  • Would it be possible to integrate “more complex” graphics (based on graphic data formats)?
  • What inputs would then the software developer need from the graphic designer?
  • What programming language would be preferred for such an exercise? I have heard that XML could be good. What do you think?
  • Is it difficult to convert C into another language?

Does anyone have experience with that? Do you have any other recommendation?

Thank you!
Julien

PS. I may be looking for freelance software developers for this project ;-)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Integration of graphic design into software development

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Integration of graphic design into software development

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Moving from 'share you project' to 'cubical corner'. FYI - if you are going to post a job for this please post it in the 'post a job' section.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Integration of graphic design into software development

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

Do people interact with your software like they interact with an art gallery? That is, do they run the program and stare at what shows up on screen? Because the driving force is not graphic design but usability.

Anyway, I am severely confused by the notion of visual identity. What exactly is changing in the program? Name some of the elements of the program and how you expect them to change...?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1