5 Replies - 241 Views - Last Post: 10 February 2013 - 10:24 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Keylogging, in a non-malicious way.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Hey guys, before you decide to close the thread, this little project of mine is NOT for malicious purposes, and will NEVER, be distributed, it is purely for a LAN Center/Cyber Cafe myself and a friend are setting up in the near future.

I want to setup a keylogger that will run in the background (so as for the client to not be able to close it), and it will listen to every word typed, and if it recognizes patterns for different languages, it will send a message to the Server computer, and let me know what language they might be trying to use, then I can view their screen (from the software I will be using, you can view whatever computer screen at any time), and shut it down.

I want it to be able to recognize languages by keywords, so if "<?php" is typed, it will recognize php, etc.

And by no means, do I want this software to make any record of anything other than things that would be seen as malicious to our company.

But I have no idea on where to start. I understand I will require an ArrayList, but that is about it.

If anyone is able to help me, that would be amazing.

This post has been edited by ILoveJava: 10 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Keylogging, in a non-malicious way.

#2 g00se  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Keylogging, in a non-malicious way.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

Can't be done in Java. You need native code to hook the keyboard globally
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

So I would need C++ in order to do this?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

C++ or you can also do it in C# if you are only dealing with Windows machines.

Although I don't understand why though. So if the user is typing in some PHP you want to shut it down? Why?

Also don't you think this would be a serious breach of privacy. Even if you don't hold on to any data, the very fact that you are recording every keystroke in an internet cafe would be pretty unsettling to users.

But I have no idea on where to start. I understand I will require an ArrayList, but that is about it.

Yeah you may not be ready for this. If you have no experience in these languages then hooking into the keyboard and then pattern matching along with viewing and then shutting down remotely may be a bit too much to ask right now. Although I may be wrong but I'm just going off the ArrayList comment.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Java is not the language to use for this, use something like C++. Java is run in a virtual machine, and you need native code to be able to do this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Regardless of your intentions, this just isn't something we support. I'm closing this thread.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1