4 Replies - 274 Views - Last Post: 10 February 2013 - 07:23 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Database Tutorial.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

I'm a student. Our teacher will discuss about database connection next meeting. I want to study it in advance, any tutorial? especially for database connection using mySQL because for me it's easier to manipulate. Thankyou
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Database Tutorial.

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Database Tutorial.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

As this is in the C# section do you mean manipulating MySQL databases in C# or just working with MySQL databases generally?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Like for example I want to make a simple application in C# that involves database. How to connect mySQL database with the application in C#?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Check out this and this
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

Do you see the big pretty header for the web page?
Read across the top until you see "Tutorials" - Click that.
On the new page that opens up read down the list until you see "Database Tutorials" - Click that
Oh wow, a whole bunch of database tutorials.
Read down the list... Hmmm... One that says MySQL Basics. Another says "Introduction to MySql"...

From one adult to another.... If you need to have someone hold your hand like this just to get to the tutorials you're already in trouble in this career field. That might sound harsh, but this is a field where people (like bosses) expect you to be a resourceful, self starting, problem solver.

You need to stop looking for the exact, precise, perfectly written, exactly targeted to your needs tutorial titled "Kirstine, do this one". There are dozens of tutorials here. Start working them. Then take what you learn from each one and combine that information along with your general C# knowledge. Expect to fail. Then fail again. Then fail again. Each time you learn something new. There is no clear path to learning that won't involve mistakes and failures. You just need to get in there and do it, rather than spend all your time searching for the perfect tutorial tailored to your needs.

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 10 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1