3 Replies - 351 Views - Last Post: 10 February 2013 - 02:03 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Blender combat system help?

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

I've been working on a combat system in Blender Game engine for the last few weeks, however, I'm having problems figuring out how to make a grapple system. Is it easier to make a cinematic kind of grapple system where by initiating the throw it plays a cutscene or is it possible to make it in realtime, and if so do i have to animate the grapple with each individual character? Please help
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Blender combat system help?

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Blender combat system help?

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

That comes down to what the Blender Game Engine is capable of. I would guess that animating would be better since that is a more general solution.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

ok cool but just to make sure... the general solution is to animate the grapple move with each individual character so that in gameplay if for example character 1 does a wrestling grapple on character 2 it would be playing that specific animation instance? and then in another scene featuring character 1 and character 3 the grapple would play another animation of a character 1 character 3 instance?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

That depends on your game engine architecture. Give them a go and see which works better.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1