4 Replies - 971 Views - Last Post: 28 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Just a friendly intro from a new member

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hey everyone,

I have been browsing these forums a while now and finally decided to break down and create a account. Hmm well not really sure what to put here but I guess I will give a little background on my programming history.

Lets see here I have been programming for probably 6-7 months now, and would say I am fairly skilled(I hope?) in C++ and C# with XNA (Cries for it not being updated anymore). Currently I am trying to pursue a career in game programming and development, so I have dabbled a bit with SFML, DirectX, OpenGL, and other graphics libraries. But what I am currently learning right now is more about network programming and have been also digging into QT5. Recently I have been looking for another forum to get involved in other then cplusplus.com so I came here since I have found some great information here.

I guess that is about it for me. Glad to be part of this forum and hope I will be able to contribute and help some other members with my posts like you guys have helped me with yours.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Just a friendly intro from a new member

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Just a friendly intro from a new member

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Welcome! Do you have a portfolio of whatcha been working, or a blog tracking what you've been up to?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

No portfolio yet, I do have a simple GUI program that is a payroll application, a few very simple 2D games but that is about it. Considered making a portfolio but figured them applications wouldn't have much real world use and wasn't sure they were what should be in a portfolio since I am still learning. And no blog either since I am still just learning by reading my way through different books on different aspects on programming instead of taking on projects.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

A combination of both reading and tackling projects is best, as you will reinforce what you are learning from different perspectives.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hi Zereo,
I am also a newbie in the things I am dying to learn and skilled in a few things in CS!!
For example I am so frustrated right now I could throw my system out the window because I need to
find out some very simple things about speech recognition and I can't seem to do so!!!!

Good Luck,

http:\\users.zitomedia.net\~strandedviking
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1