5 Replies - 1861 Views - Last Post: 13 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Locating a motivated and enthusiatic software developer

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hey Everyone. I need some help locating a software developer with 0-3 years of experience for a permanent position in Richmond, VA. The perfect candidate needs to be very motivated in their desire to learn about new development tools and techniques. Someone with very little experience but the desire to learn and improve their skills with a great company is highly desired.

If you know of anyone or you are that person, please let me know. Thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Locating a motivated and enthusiatic software developer

#2 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Locating a motivated and enthusiatic software developer

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Just a thought: you might have better luck if you mention some tools. What do you expect this developer to be using? In addition, how about some sort of hint about the sort of developing that you need done?

EDIT: From a post that general, anyone would guess that you were a recruiter looking to develop a stable, and not an actual employer with an actual job actually on offer...

This post has been edited by jon.kiparsky: 13 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

There's a "Post a Job" section for a purpose. Though it's more freelance oriented.

Also what do you expect us to do for you? There's very low percentage of us from the Richmond, VA area.

Or are you asking us to teach you proper hiring processes? This isn't an HR forum, it's a programming forum. What would we know about sitting in an office pushing paper, setting up insurance, and hiring people for jobs we don't understand?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

How much are you paying for the referal?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

View Postdarek9576, on 13 February 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

How much are you paying for the referal?

$300

View Postlordofduct, on 13 February 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

There's a "Post a Job" section for a purpose. Though it's more freelance oriented.

Also what do you expect us to do for you? There's very low percentage of us from the Richmond, VA area.

Or are you asking us to teach you proper hiring processes? This isn't an HR forum, it's a programming forum. What would we know about sitting in an office pushing paper, setting up insurance, and hiring people for jobs we don't understand?

I wouldn't typically recruit for a position on a forum, but I know that the person I am looking for would frequent discussion boards like this. Thought I would give it a shot.

A few skills that the candidate should have experience with/desire to learn:
Supports, maintains, and enhances custom web applications, mobile applications, integration middleware and web services
Develops and tests new custom web applications, mobile applications, integration middleware and web services
Knowledge of the .NET framework, design and development of web services, relational database design and development, preferably SQL Server.

View Postlordofduct, on 13 February 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

I wouldn't typically recruit for a position on a forum, but I know that the person I am looking for would frequent discussion boards like this. Thought I would give it a shot.

A few skills that the candidate should have experience with/desire to learn:
Supports, maintains, and enhances custom web applications, mobile applications, integration middleware and web services
Develops and tests new custom web applications, mobile applications, integration middleware and web services
Knowledge of the .NET framework, design and development of web services, relational database design and development, preferably SQL Server.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Moving to 'post a job'.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +