3 Replies - 432 Views - Last Post: 16 February 2013 - 06:00 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Python game engine tutorials or resoures ?

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Hey,
I've been trying to find resources and tutorials for the creation of a Python Game Engine. So far no luck.....
(I've ben trying for weeks now). If anyone has any suggestions or helpful material please let me know.
Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Python game engine tutorials or resoures ?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Python game engine tutorials or resoures ?

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Really? Nothing here helps?

http://wiki.python.o...oin/PythonGames
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Other then being one of the most asked questions about game dev from slightly green programmers, so i know there are tons of posts around the net that may help you out.

Other then that you have given no specifics about what you want, do you want to make a 3d or 2d engine, are you talking about making graphics library or an entire game engine, why do you have to make your own game engine at all?

Because you give non of these details people just assume you think that game engine will be all the info we need to help. This generally shows that you haven't the correct state of knowledge just yet to really understand any of the answers to this question let alone actually pulling it off yourself.

If however I am wrong you could at least tell us; 2d/3d, graphics/game engine and most of all why do you feel the need to make a game engine?

Otherwise there is very little we can do but make sweeping declarations that, while likely accurate, you should not try to do this, and while possible accurate, that you cannot do this yet anyway.

On the side of actual help, regardless of your skill level, try this. Just make a game that you want your game engine to be able to handle. Then make another game slightly different that you also want your game engine to handle. As you make these games try and separate the underlying functionality into a distinct package that can be re-used. Then as you make a few more games of different types that you want your game engine to be able to use you should be able to move this package to each of them, adding features as you go.

The package is now a game engine (close enough, may need some polish of cause) and not only that you have some good demo's of the engine itself and its development history of how it has progressed over time.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Before you embark on writing a game engine (as so many of us have) please read this article and consider what it has to say on the matter.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1