• (2 Pages)
  • +

16 Replies - 5248 Views - Last Post: 01 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Comparing options for learning C#

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

I agree about the worst. They're the parasites I just ignore. I actually lucked out. I was referred to a company called Robert Half by a friend. I wouldn't have known to look, and I've never had to. So I really can't help you there. Are you in a major city, or a smaller one?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Comparing options for learning C#

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostCurtis Rutland, on 15 February 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

I agree about the worst. They're the parasites I just ignore. I actually lucked out. I was referred to a company called Robert Half by a friend. I wouldn't have known to look, and I've never had to. So I really can't help you there. Are you in a major city, or a smaller one?

Sorry for the long delay in responding... I do appreciate the feedback. I'm in a mid sized city, small if you're in Chicago, LA, or some such. There are about 300k people in the city and surrounding suburbs. I lucked out in getting a phone then in person interview locally thanks to a recruiter working for a firm I'd never heard of in Florida. He'd found me on LinkedIn. He was retained by that company to find people for them though, so if I want to stay in the area or even region, I doubt he has much else to offer if this one doesn't work out. Too bad as he's the best recruiter I have talked to so far. He phoned me several times as the process played out, offered general interview tips (mostly that I've heard before but I figure it never hurts to have a fresh reminder), information on what skills to promote most for that particular company besides the obvious technical requirements, etc.

A recruiter that even provides test/evaluations would be great. As you say, the company can be more confident in the candidates. It would also give me a better opportunity to evaluate myself even, maybe even especially, if I did poorly on a test. I can learn from that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +