4 Replies - 1820 Views - Last Post: 05 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to launch a program from my website

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

I have a program on my server called "super internet tv" which will allow me to watch tv from my computer with out a tuner. I host my own website (www.hyprsearch.com) and would really like to be able to add this program to my site. Is there a script out there that will allow my users to click on a link and open the exe. file on my site? I have the program folder in my htdocs folder of my server. When I try to open the exe file on the net it of course asks me if I want to save it. I dont want that to happen, I would like the program to run normally when a user clicks the link I create. Any help would be great.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to launch a program from my website

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to launch a program from my website

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

View Postknight2000, on 4 Aug, 2007 - 01:27 PM, said:

I have a program on my server called "super internet tv" which will allow me to watch tv from my computer with out a tuner. I host my own website (www.hyprsearch.com) and would really like to be able to add this program to my site. Is there a script out there that will allow my users to click on a link and open the exe. file on my site? I have the program folder in my htdocs folder of my server. When I try to open the exe file on the net it of course asks me if I want to save it. I dont want that to happen, I would like the program to run normally when a user clicks the link I create. Any help would be great.

What technology is the site created in? I think just for security sake you should recreate the exe file you have in a web application. That is write the same functionality into a web application instead of a Windows Application, that way you don't have to bypass server security to run an exe file from your site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

The home page which I will have the link on is written in html, but I'm a cheater, I use Web page maker 2 to create it. So were do I go from here, how would I go about recreating the exe. file? Is there a template, I'm not to skilled in programming yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

View Postknight2000, on 4 Aug, 2007 - 08:53 PM, said:

The home page which I will have the link on is written in html, but I'm a cheater, I use Web page maker 2 to create it. So were do I go from here, how would I go about recreating the exe. file? Is there a template, I'm not to skilled in programming yet.

With an HTML only website you're not going to be able to run a program from it, the best you can do is to let them download it from there.

To recreate the application you program what the current application has as far as functionality, except its web based not application based. As a new programmer this probably isnt the best of starter projects though, so for now give them a link so they can download the application as you're not going to run it in an HTML only site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

ok, thank you for the help.

This post has been edited by knight2000: 05 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -