5 Replies - 711 Views - Last Post: 17 February 2013 - 01:13 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Sending log in information web request vb.net?

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I have a log in form and a registry form in my program that will allow people to log in or register to a website. I have the log in for to set the text you type in textbox1 and textbox2 to the username and password textboxes on the website loaded in webbrowser1 then have it click the log in button on the site when you click the log in button in the form. Normally I know you can set the textbox text with
 WebBrowser1.document.GetElementById("user_password").SetAttribute("Value", TextBox2.Text)
and then click the button with something like
WebBrowser1.document.GetElementById("idSIButton9").InvokeMember("click")
but the button for this page does not have an ID for me to use getelementbyid so I need another way. I heard about having the program send a http web request in the same way the website does to log you in when you click the button which makes sense. I just have no idea to figure out the web request it sends and how to make the program send that request or whatever. I will post a screencap of the website log in form and the inspect element code and a link to it for you to have a look at.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Link: http://xpro.shivtr.com/users/sign_in

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Sending log in information web request vb.net?

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Sending log in information web request vb.net?

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

So basically you created an interface that accesses a website and uses the standard form to log in? I guess the million dollar question is if you have database access to the users, or if this accesses a site which is not of your own.

If it's the former then making use of mySQL would probably be beneficial, but I would wait and see what the other guys have to say as I am far removed from vb.net
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostFerretHolmes, on 16 February 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

So basically you created an interface that accesses a website and uses the standard form to log in? I guess the million dollar question is if you have database access to the users, or if this accesses a site which is not of your own.

If it's the former then making use of mySQL would probably be beneficial, but I would wait and see what the other guys have to say as I am far removed from vb.net

Any links to good tutorials? I have read about mysql but don't know how to use it. Can I register new users on the server or whatever right from the program? I did get it downloaded ad everything though.

This post has been edited by OmitZz: 17 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

There is an in-house tutorial for just this.
Use VB.NET To Connect To MySQL
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostFerretHolmes, on 17 February 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

There is an in-house tutorial for just this.
Use VB.NET To Connect To MySQL

That helps me with connecting myself to my server but I still have questions. Is there anyway I can create a form that will make a new user in the server even from someone's computer that doesn't have mysql downloaded. I need to be able to register new users in my program and have them be able to log in at anytime.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• Fire giant boob nipple gun!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostOmitZz, on 17 February 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

That helps me with connecting myself to my server but I still have questions. Is there anyway I can create a form that will make a new user in the server even from someone's computer that doesn't have mysql downloaded. I need to be able to register new users in my program and have them be able to log in at anytime.

Quote: "in the server.."
Which server? Are you creating a Desktop application or a website? Or a combination of the two?

If users need to access the database from any computer then it would need to be stored on a (central) web-server and accessed via a website, using a server-side language. Perhaps you should investigate ASP, rather than using VB.NET directly and a WebBrowser control.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1