Tutorial Suggestions and requests

Is there a ASP.Net tutorial you'd like to see?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

24 Replies - 33455 Views - Last Post: 08 June 2011 - 11:50 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Tutorial Suggestions and requests

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:31 AM

I need to learn ASP.net 2008 as iam in beginer stage plz send me tutorials and some workout which help me to learn quickly
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Im also a beginner tryin to get my hands in ASP.NET with C#.

I wud like a tutorial in which a full web site is developed and the steps on how to do the stuffs are shown step by step.

Im requesting this coz it is one of the most interesting, convenient and quick way to learn it.

I've gone through a similar PHP tutorial in which a CMS is developed. the tutorial starts with basic PHP syntax, then creating a page, then assessing the database, then creating navigation, then the pages and then doin a CRUD, then page regulations and so on.

When the end product is known to the learner, (that is someone like me at this stage), i find it really intriguing and makes me wanna learn more. Most tutorials starts with a whole lot of theories... which is boring some times.

If anyone here has gone through any Lynda.com tutorial, i guess he/she might have understood what i mean!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:22 AM

hello good evening..is there any tutorial on asp with vbscript that do a simple add,update,search and delete to XML file?? is it ok if i ask a tutorial on it? i ask a help before but it turns out that the code im studying is a jscript one..so what i did is find a vbscript but got no luck..if there is already a tutorial about it can i ask for the link?

thank you..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:30 AM

I'd also like to see a tutorial like what ptamzz talked about. I personally can learn a language much quicker and easier if I get a beginner tutorial to start.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

i also wanted what ptamzz said.. a complete video tutorials in web development.. thanksssss
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:49 AM

I need a data adapter tutorial to access data from database one record at a time and display it while accessing both forward and backward. Please provide me one with this all such implementation.
:helpsmilie: :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

It looks like this topic has been left out to dry but I'll see if I can bring it back.

I've scoured to internet looking for a simple ajax example in asp.NET VB. There's a ton of examples and they all go above and beyond what I'm needing and any of them that I try to replicate I fail to achieve anything productive.

What I would like is an asp.NET VB page(possibly 2 pages in an iframe or something) that:
1.) puts text from a textbox into a database on button click
2.) checks the database every 1 second to pull any new entries and displays the last 15 to a larger textbox.

I would like these to both use ajax(i assume an ajax control would also work for this?). I've attempted several examples and even tried to use things such as the pokein library and haven't so much as correctly pushed or pulled data to/from a database even 1 time. Eventually this example will lead to a decent chatroom.

Thanks for your time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:37 AM

@eTech1,

You cannot take text from a TextBox and put it into a database using Javascript.
Javascript is run-client side and cannot work with things that exist server-side (like the database).

As for displaying updated data ever 1 second...have you tried using the Timer Control? The Timer Control will fire a "Tick" event (a postback to the server) after a specified time has past. In the Tick event you will have to query your database for the top 15 entries...and display it in a TextBox. (1 second is really fast though...consider the strain on your bandwidth and problems with the ability to use the page if it is being updated ever second)

-Frinny
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

I'm looking to write some more ASP.Net tutorials. Of course I can only do tutorials on things I have knowledge on but I'll do my best with what I know. My main area of knowledge is on webforms and webform controls. Try to choose specific topics and not something generic like "How do I make an entire website in ASP.Net including database".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hi,
You can take look at Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework which is centralized library and provide typical samples for most of the Microsoft related technologies and it is expanding...

Regards,
Siva7891
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +