3 Replies - 1806 Views - Last Post: 11 March 2013 - 01:59 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

HTML Code Nightmare

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

First off, my knowledge of HTML coding is large, but not that large (if that makes sense).

But I have seen one web site (For the place I work for...they have changed it recently) that was a coding nightmare. Frames that were used (And extremely outdated...C'mon, IFrames anyone if you are going to use it?!), as well as novice coding errors.

The funny part about this is that the guys that does the web services....all have BA degrees and cannot even do something elementary.

So yeah, that's one of my coding nightmares that I have witnessed.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: HTML Code Nightmare

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: HTML Code Nightmare

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

POPULAR

Pfft. You're no match for THE WEB KING!
Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

IMG border...
IMG border...
IMG border...
IMG border...
<b>..
<font>..
<font>..
<font>...
TABLE
my word...

Reminds me of this. Check out the Javascript on /home.asp(second frame). Who needs recursion, right?

Bonus: Try adding a single quote or something in their login page... Also, look at the error it spits out. Try changing up the values you enter in the password field and see what it shows you afterwards. Best security ever!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

hah, The web king.. I remember back when I made pages like this on angelfire and geocities.

and OP, it's actually funny you say that after the conversation I had with a friend recently regarding where and when developers first picked up their trade a lot of people sign up for classes with hopes of learning something rather than furthering something they already know. This I think lends people to not quite understanding that actual intuitive process behind the things we do everyday. Think up something abstract and see if you can get a 'you cant do that' out of one of those highly educated fellows, it's worth a smile and probably wont take too much work. I've always enjoyed the stance of technology never being what it is, but more what you can do with it.

To actually contribute to the topic though.. check the HTML source on any freewebs site who has had an active member using their editor for any amount of time :) The guys that run this place are lucky the standards deal well with nested tagging.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1