2 Replies - 1303 Views - Last Post: 21 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Maven installation issue?

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hi,

i wanted to install maven in my windows 7 laptop.so i downloaded maven bin.zip file from maven website.then i extracted it to the program files as they have said.then i gave the relevant environment variables.but when i'm trying to check that the maven has successfully installed by running the command "mvn --version",it says not recognise as a internal or external command.but i followed the steps correctly to install maven.please can anybody help me to solve this?
thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Maven installation issue?

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Maven installation issue?

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

When you set the PATH from the console, is is only good for as long as that console is open. To make the changes permanent, you need to set your path in control panel.

Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings (enter admin password) > System Properties dialog, select Advanced tab if not already selected, and at the bottom, select Environment Variables. On the environment variables dialog, in the system variables listview, scroll down till you see the PATH variable, double click it, and add the path to where you installed maven - with the semicolon after the last directory, for example - ;D:\apache-maven-3.0.4\bin > OK > OK > OK and you should be good to go.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Maven installation issue?

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hi #2 GunnerInc,

i already did that.but still gets the same error :(/>

now i did some modifications.i think some change has occured.but now i get this,

Posted Image

but my javac works fine

This post has been edited by DeepAnalyzer: 21 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1