2 Replies - 1441 Views - Last Post: 28 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Interviewing / Getting Opinions of my Capstone Project

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm a computer programming major at a local community college and I am working on the final project for my capstone class. The entire class was given Raspberry Pi's and asked to come up with a project idea that can include hardware and software to work on in groups of at least two. This weeks assignment is to interview 3 people and get their opinion of our project. Most of the people that I know outside of school don't even know what a raspberry pi is and so interviewing them won't get me the answers I need.

I just need a few people to give their honest, and hopefully kind, opinion of the project. These are the kind of questions I need answered:

• Who do you think would buy it?
  • How much do you think they would be willing to pay for it?
  • What features do you like about it?
  • What features would you add or change?

Here is a brief description of my idea for the project:

Final Project Summary

Project Name: PiShare

Description: PiShare is software for the raspberry pi that allows someone to share files wirelessly between multiple users. The raspberry pi is setup to appear as a normal wireless access point to any and all wireless devices in range. Once the user is connected they will navigate, or be redirected, to a webpage that is also hosted on the raspberry pi. This webpage gives normal users access to a list of download links for the files being shared by the owner of the raspberry pi. The owner will have access to an admin webpage that will allow them to add or remove files from the list that is made available for download.

Software: HostAPD, dnsmasq, ASP.NET (Mono)

Hardware: Raspberry Pi, Ralink RT5370 USB Wireless Adapter

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer these questions. :D/>

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Interviewing / Getting Opinions of my Capstone Project

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Interviewing / Getting Opinions of my Capstone Project

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Who do you think would buy it?

Policy high school debate kids, business for meetings, and tech file sharing at user group meetings.

How much do you think they would be willing to pay for it?

$75 USD

What features do you like about it?

A long battery life... auto FTP in it.. file storage.. auto USB drive recognition/sharing..

What features would you add or change?

more usb ports, longer battery life, rechargable.

Sounds like:
http://www.hypershop.../cftp-black.htm
http://www.kickstart...torage-with-ipa
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Interviewing / Getting Opinions of my Capstone Project

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thanks for your input.

I have looked at some batteries on amazon that would probably work pretty well with the raspberry pi. The one I looked at has a 1 amp output which is what adafruit recommends for using a wireless adapter with the raspberry pi. I don't know exactly how long the battery would last but I can do some more research and testing at a later point.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1