2 Replies - 1325 Views - Last Post: 02 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I want to make a Student Information System

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hello I just registered and have a few projects in mind. Hence I need a littl help to complete them.
the first one is:
A student information system (SIS) it is a software application for education establishments to manage student data.

I want the system to have the following characteristics:
-keeps student records(personal information, grades, etc...)
-print reports
-(most importantly) can be accessed from anywhere through a computer connected to the internet.
-will have some type of security as well as different user restrictions (ex. the Administrator can add remove students,
classes, teachers, etc.; teachers can add classes, students, student grades, create and print reports, etc.; parents can view reports)

A very important feature will be that the Student Information System will keep records of many different primary schools
thus making it a bit dificult to implement as far as I can tell.

I am using Ubuntu 12.10 as my Operating System, C++ programming language, eclipse, i want to use mySql...
as well as any other language(s) and tool(s) suggested by the responses to this post.

once completed this project will be presented to my country's government branch dedicated to education and if addopted
it will be donated and implemented in my country to unite all the primary schools to store and retrieve their information using this program.

My questions are:
What programming language(s) and tools would be best to use to accomplish my task?
in your responses could you include websites that may help me with this task?
I need all the help I can get.
thank you before hand and I promis I will also post answers to questions when I know the answers.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I want to make a Student Information System

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I want to make a Student Information System

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

You could use a lot of different languages to accomplish this task. Check out the following threads:
First Language Conundrum
Which Language is Best (Web Development)

I don't mean to be rude, but if you don't even know where to start, you're not ready to tackle an enterprise grade project like this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: I want to make a Student Information System

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Thank you for your reply, I will check out the links imidiately. You are not being rude, you are right to say that. However I do know where to start, I actually have a lot done already but having a little extra help is always good. I know that this project will take me a long time to accomplish but time is what I have and I knw it is going to be very helpful to others.
Thank you.

.....other help will be greatly apreciated.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1