2 Replies - 3610 Views - Last Post: 03 March 2013 - 05:51 PM Rate Topic: -----

• The Peasant
  • member icon

• View blog

Multiple Form Tags nested

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hey guys,

Having a bit of an issue with my layout here. I've got the regular page form tag with runat=server and within that form tag I've got nested form tags without the runat=server attribute for submitting separate information.

<form id='main' runat='server' action='myurl.here'>
<form id='th45002' action='postback url with values'>
</form>

<form id='th45003' action='postback url with values 2'>
</form>

<form id='th45004' action='postback url with values 3'>
</form>
</form>

So this is the idea. With the nested form tags I couldn't get the first one to submit to the right url, it kept trying to go to main form action url. So my next guess was try and close the first form tag, all worked well on Mozilla but when I fired it up on IE the form closing caused a hug line break which really totaled my page. So my next question is why can't I just leave the server form the way it is, and have nested form tags inside? Anyone have any better ideas? I've tried not using extra form tags at all but the dynamic inputs, and dynamic textboxes aren't being posted to the url at all, in fact there are no form values when I do, but this method works minus the layout getting totally screwed up. Any help is thankful. :D

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Multiple Form Tags nested

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Multiple Form Tags nested

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

I cannot follow your description but, anyway, you cannot nest forms. It is not valid HTML and will cause, at best, unexpected results.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Peasant
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Multiple Form Tags nested

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Yea finally went back to my original method and tried it again. Finally got it working.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1