1 Replies - 1750 Views - Last Post: 04 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Just looking for some kind of direction to improve

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

That might not have been the best title, and if this doesn't belong here I apologize in advance.

I'm currently taking a python course in college (first year) and majoring in game development, which of course means I have to take computer science classes. I've noticed that (as they should do) the assignments have been getting not only harder, but more complicated to figure out. I know about loops, if statements, lists, and we're currently working with dictionaries and files, but it seems like I have the most trouble figuring out how to structure the code so that it works.

I'm wondering if it just comes with practice or whether there's a method to understanding how to write the problem. I can say what I want to do with a problem but when it comes to writing it, I'm usually stuck for hours trying to figure out how to write the code, which leads me to go to another website to ask for help, some of which is beyond my understanding, but most of which I can understand.

I figured that in addition to taking college courses, I've signed up for an upcoming course on coursera to further my knowledge, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm just wondering what I could actively to do improve my skills as a programmer without going too far past my realm of knowledge. I plan on sticking with this language as long as possible, just to get used to and develop habits for programming.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Just looking for some kind of direction to improve

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Just looking for some kind of direction to improve

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Read back a few posts. This "what can I do to be better" topic has come up 5 times in 10 days. Please don't ask everyone to repeat their answers yet another time because you can't be bothered to browse back a few posts.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1