3 Replies - 4165 Views - Last Post: 03 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

IIS configuration

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Server Error in '/****' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\****\web.config' is denied.

Configuration Error : Web.Config [No Relevant Source Line] Options

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\******\web.config Line: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: IIS configuration

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Re: IIS configuration

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

First, Just posting up an error message is not the proper way to go about getting help. You need to explain the situation, explain the error, and explain what steps you have tried to resolve it.

Now, with that. You need to make sure that the user who is running the website(*Note: This is not the user USING the website, but the user who runs from the app pool) has read permissions to the web.config directory location. Beyond that I and anyone else can't help you because how this is setup is different based off what version of IIS you are running, and how you have your server configured.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

The ASP programming language has nothing to do with IIS configurations.

** Moved to WebServers & Hosting **
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

What ASP? The error is ASP.NET and IIS and ASP.NET are like left and right hands if it's IIS7 or IIS8. These IIS check web.config for errors and even if there's misspell server will fail to load and will show an error similar to the above. But since there's just a permissions error like rgfirefly24 said need to check NTFS permissions for NETWORK SERVICE user usually or local user and make sure they match the app pool user permissions.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1