2 Replies - 1194 Views - Last Post: 05 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Two clients and one server problem

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hi folks,

I have created a client server communication over TCP/IP. My client sends the GPS coordinates of the device to the server.

I am creating a second client, this client will require these GPS coordinates that are stored in on the server in the string in order to process calculations. Can I ask, what would be the best method for this. As in how do I define which client the server sends the coordinates to??

I'm not looking for someone to code this for me, I'm not being lazy, just looking for info as to which direction I should take...

This is the method I'm using, no HTTP clients etc..

Regards,
Gary

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Two clients and one server problem

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Two clients and one server problem

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

These tutorials may not be in your normal coding language, but they are good tutorials on client/server chat apps. And concepts remain the same: If you cna get the concept into focus in your mind, you should then be able to code it in your chosen language. In reality your apps are just 'chatting' with their only comments being the GPS coordinates.

Hopefully the way the example server tracks all the various clients will help - at least until someone else with Android-specific knowledge can jump in.

Q: ...make a chat or client-server application?
A:Client/server chat tutorial
Peer-to-peer chat
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Two clients and one server problem

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Hello,

Yes the tutorial is very good. I think if concept is clear then their is no issue of language.

Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1