3 Replies - 2414 Views - Last Post: 16 March 2013 - 12:07 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Python For Android App Programming

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

i have been programming in python for some time now and i recently have become very interested in mobile app dev. so i figured why not start with programming python apps for my android phone sense i already know i good bit of python. So my question is are there any really good online tutorials that teaches all the ins and outs of py4a(python for android) or any books? really anything would be helpful. Thanks.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Python For Android App Programming

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Python For Android App Programming

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

There's a youtube series on the subject... unfortunately it's not in English :-P

I don't know of any really good tutorials. That being said, you might want to consider using the Javaish language for android app development, or even HTML & javascript. The time it takes for you to get comfortable with the native way to do it will probably be less than the number of headaches trying to use Python for any serious mobile app development will cause. That's just my two cents though.

This post has been edited by atraub: 04 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

All py4a does is make a custom python distribution. Which libraries you pack into it are up to you and the py4a website or something does have some short tutorials on how to set that up if i remember.

Once you make a py4a distro you use it just the same as you would use a normal python distro with the libraries you wanted installed.

Beyond that for android specific things you may want to look at py4a's predecessor, PGS4A (Pygame Subset for Android) at http://pygame.renpy.org/ because py4a (at least last i checked) uses the android python library wrapper from PGS4A for its android library. By looking over the documentation there you can find some useful information on how to use it, also there are forums for it somewhere i think.

Hope i have been of assistance mate. Enjoy!
Nekroze
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostXxLegendxX, on 05 March 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

i have been programming in python for some time now and i recently have become very interested in mobile app dev. so i figured why not start with programming python apps for my android phone sense i already know i good bit of python. So my question is are there any really good online tutorials that teaches all the ins and outs of py4a(python for android) or any books? really anything would be helpful. Thanks.

Sup? 'XxLegendxX' If Android is in your view of choice. Then this should be what your looking for.
https://developers.g...com/edu/python/

Hope this is helpful
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1