• +

17 Replies - 1746 Views - Last Post: 12 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: BASIC Alternative

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

C64?!? Boo. Awful. Atari 800 all the way! :P

Seriously, if you want to go far enough back to the 8bit days, you might try GW-BASIC. DOSBox will run it. I'm sure you can find an old copy floating around.

It may seem like ancient history, but DOSBox will help you follow the current C curriculum for India... :rolleyes:
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

zedth2,

As usual every one is showing the asses instead of answering your question. If you want something that runs at the DOS level I would suggest either MS Quickbasic or Powerbasic. Both can be downloaded if you look hard enough. I have used both of these and like PowerBasic the best...at one time this was made by Borland....not sure who owns it now.

I can't say I have used REALBASIC but I have considered playing with it. It is more of a freeware clone of VB that old school.

I did like the suggestion of Commodore emulator. The Commodore is what I learned basic on all those years ago. This takes you back to using line numbers. To me the more modern basic are more a varieant of Pascal than Basic simply because they quit using line numbers.

You might also try KBasic for Linux. It is open source. But again this is more like VB than old basic.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#18 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

View Postderrellgore, on 12 March 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

zedth2,

As usual every one is showing the asses instead of answering your question.
..snip..

Ah, what? "Showing the asses"? For the record - the question was answered my multiple people. ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +