1 Replies - 13298 Views - Last Post: 13 March 2013 - 07:02 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

[Link] New Proposal Could Ease Ports to iOS

Post icon  Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Gosling views the proposal as potentially a way to improve accommodations for Java on iOS. Apple does not permit the JVM to run on iOS devices, but workarounds like the Java and HTML5 development framework Oracle ADF (Application Development Framework) Mobile have enabled Java developers to leverage their skills to build for iOS.

"Java has been on iOS for quite a while" via Oracle ADF Mobile, Gosling notes. "The catch is that to deal with an arcane nit in the Apple terms of service, the JIT code generator has to be turned off. I'm not at Oracle, and I'm not involved, but I'd be willing to wager that JEP 178 can be used as a part of complying with the Apple TOS (terms of service) without turning off code generation."

http://www.javaworld...static-jni.html

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [Link] New Proposal Could Ease Ports to iOS

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: [Link] New Proposal Could Ease Ports to iOS

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

I've gotten into iOS development recently,
and I have a huge lack of knowledge in Objective C (Even though it leans towards Java in one way or another), I do prefer Java for everything since it was the first language I learned, and am still learning.
I moved to actionscript 3.0, using Flash to develop my apps, but again, I lack a lot of knowledge (It's easier with some code snippets provided by the program itself, though).

That proposal would ease things a lot for me :)

Thanks for sharing this.

This post has been edited by worldofwar: 13 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1