To JS or not to JS...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

16 Replies - 8855 Views - Last Post: 21 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: To JS or not to JS...

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

While I see what you're saying, I still think a JS-less to-do-list webapp would be a horrible user experience.

I mean, you wouldn't be able to drag and drop tasks to change their relative priorities. What would a JSless replacement look like? changing a select box on a specific task, clicking 'save changes' and then waiting for the whole page to rerender?

what I'm trying to say is, would a user even want to use a JS-free webapp? It'd be so slow and it's interface so awkward...I just don't know
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: To JS or not to JS...

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Usually those who disable javascript do so willingly, and also understand what functionality they are disabling by doing so. Therefore, as the average internet user does not disable javascript, it is not a major compatibility issue for marketing. I personally always have javascript disabled, and automatically enable it whenever I enter a site that I trust. A simple warning could also remind the small percentage of users with javascript disabled, to enable it in order to use the advanced functionalities of the page. The basic page content should be available without javascript, but any dynamic drag and drop or animation functionality will be hard to implement without javascript, creating a less appealing user experience.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +