5 Replies - 3920 Views - Last Post: 12 March 2013 - 05:01 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

web form using master page in vb code

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

how to create a form for web applications that is built from a master page using vb code
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: web form using master page in vb code

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: web form using master page in vb code

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostZukafu, on 11 March 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

how to create a form for web applications that is built from a master page using vb code

I am making a project in our ASP.NET subject that will add new pages, and when I click a button it will automatically add new page that is built from a master page.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

A master page is basically just the header and footer of a webpage, it also has its own VB code behind it and contains a place holder for loading content pages.

So when you create a new page it only has to deal with the contents, saving you from adding in the header/footer/login etc.

You could have a content page that inherits the master page, it would read in an ID from the address bar and load content based on that:

homepage.com?page=1

Would load the master page and then select the information to display in the content page from the database where page id is 1, so to add a new page all you do is insert a new row into the database.

This is all I can imagine you mean from your message as you would not create actual webforms for each new page.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Thank you.

Screenshot

I want to happen is that I had one admin page which will input the name of the place, region of the place, the place description and upload the place photo. When you press that save button all the information you entered in the following fields will be save in the database, then it will create a new page that will display all the information about that place. And when I add new place again it will create another page for that place.

Do you know a VB code for that?

I just want to know the basic code for me to understand because Im still a student.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Zukafu, try a google search for basic asp.net tutorials, w3schools.org has some good content if you are completely new it should get you started, 'A code' isn't going to cut it for what you want to do, you're after a basic solution here, but a solution none the less.

Like tycos said, a master page generally only controls the overall look of the page, you'll need code to display your information as well as a form and more code to input your information, you should be able to pretty easily find a walkthrough for this type of thing. Your textbook may be a good place to start also.

This post has been edited by Takk: 12 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

This is what you need to google, "creating a basic ASP.NET form that posts to a database".

There are tutorials on this site for connecting to a database, it seems you have not yet attempted any solution, we are here for when things go wrong not for starting your work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1