Entity Framework - Store Password

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 9296 Views - Last Post: 29 March 2013 - 06:08 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Entity Framework - Store Password

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

I'm learning WPF, MVVM, and Entity Framework and just making a test project (For learning purposes). Currently a user can go on the app and "sign up".
I've currently been able store and retrieve data from a database, which is cool.
The next step for me is to give the ability to have a password for the user, something that can be encrypted and decrypted. The problem I'm having is trying to used a PasswordBox, I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I've read some articles about PasswordHelper classes and such, but there isn't anything that goes step-by-step that I can follow. If anybody can help push me in the right direction, that'd be great.

Thanks (:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Entity Framework - Store Password

#2 _HAWK_  Icon User is online

• Master(Of Foo)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Entity Framework - Store Password

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

You can encrypt the password the store that in the database. When they retrieve it from the database the encrypted version is visible, but your app encrypts what is typed into the PasswordBox to check for the correct value. So they don't know what the encrypted string is your using so they won't have the password for access. Limit the number of attempts to help prevent hacking.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1