C# input box, a concise one

does such a thing exist?

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 11119 Views - Last Post: 21 August 2007 - 11:57 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

C# input box, a concise one

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

Howdy guys,
Just wondering if there were any scripts around that offered an input box without pasting 200+ lines of code. I have a solution right now from CodeProject, but I only call the input box once and thats a lot of code to input for such a rare function.

I was hoping to not require a java library or anything like that because I plan on distributing my software to customers and dont want the pre-requisites to be anything more than the .net framework.

any thoughts?

maybe just create a form with a textbox on the fly? *shrug* how silly of MS folks to not include such a function.

View Postkillnine, on 10 Aug, 2007 - 01:26 PM, said:

Howdy guys,
Just wondering if there were any scripts around that offered an input box without pasting 200+ lines of code. I have a solution right now from CodeProject, but I only call the input box once and thats a lot of code to input for such a rare function.

I was hoping to not require a java library or anything like that because I plan on distributing my software to customers and dont want the pre-requisites to be anything more than the .net framework.

any thoughts?

maybe just create a form with a textbox on the fly? *shrug* how silly of MS folks to not include such a function.

EDIT: Go figure, I find something 10 minutes later. I have been looking for this for weeks.

http://www.mdibb.net...input_box_in_c/

Nothing special is required for compilation or distribution if you use this. I hope you find this useful - it has saved me a fair bit of time and effort when all you need is some simple text input and dont need a dedicated form.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: C# input box, a concise one

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: C# input box, a concise one

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

I just have to ask, why did you quote yourself in the same post?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:07 AM

HI
first u add the reference "Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Runtime" to your project,
then u type "using Microsoft.VisualBasic"
and finally you use the control that u need.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

View Postdany_ch, on 13 Aug, 2007 - 12:07 AM, said:

HI
first u add the reference "Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Runtime" to your project,
then u type "using Microsoft.VisualBasic"
and finally you use the control that u need.

Thanks for this Dany.

At one point I feared doing this because I thought the requirements to run my program would change. However, I now know that once you have .net runtime, you can pretty much call anything in the .net package without any extra things to install.

Thanks, you just saved me about 200 lines of code. =D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1