• +
  • « First

84 Replies - 5713 Views - Last Post: 15 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Tired and Sick of Programming?

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

So OP, do you think CVT transmissions are bullshit too? Hey, I know some people still love three on the tree...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

My dream vehicle is a '53 Chevrolet 3100 5-window pickup. If it's stock, it has three on the tree.

I'd half expect OP to complain about it while extolling Fred Flintstone's car though.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

You have to admit, when you're pushing the thing along with your feet, you have pretty direct control of the vehicle.

I myself favor the Specialized Globe Daily 01, with 8 on the stem. It's a nice compromise vehicle.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

What kind of HP can you generate on one of those bad boys?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Exactly one me-power. I'm not sure how that translates to horses, I never put a horse on mine.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

Graphics are improved for a reason. An easier to understand display and a more user-friendly environment are just some of the demands on today's society.

That's the whole point, a "demanding society". Its affectig us in every aspect, not only in terms of technology. We need inmediate things in an inmediate world. This is not making us better human beings, but childish, demanding individuals. We don't spend time anymore to actually ENJOY anything, as there's another 'anything' being produced out from somewhere in the next minute. Give me a break

Most users won't understand the difficulty of software development. What they appreciate is the result which includes the interface and the speed to help them work better and faster.

It's the same story, we, the servants bowing our bloody damn head into the 'demanding society' that buy our products/services, saying 'yes sir', 'yes sir' as fucking robots. We, the servants of IT, the creators of technology for the retarded part of society that can't live with our technology

If you can't cope up with the fast changing society and its big demands, then nobody is forcing you to. Just do what you want. Just remember: not only programming is evolving fast but so is our world. If you can't cope up, they you'll get left behind.

The world is evolving? Why it's evolving, because you can navigate the web in your ipad/iphone/<call-it-whatever-you-like>? because you can see local weather or read the news through google glasses? Because you can 3d-print fucking stupid 'things' made of plastic?!? Oh what kind of evolution is this! These are toys for bored people in a society that lost its mind as a whole; a society that need to pay attention to a different thing every single minute or it die of its boredom. That's how our society evolved? Shit, I prefer a Mozart, Beethoven, Nietzsche, Sartre, Heideger society then; those men really evolved themselves and evolved their world around them, even us today; their spend their life creating art and thinking for the rest of us who are still infinitely small compared to these aforementioned giants

Evolution comes from nothingness, when you have nothing around you and have to create a castle with a pair of stones. Don't talk me about evolution because you have social networks and fucking tablets in rich GUIs

I meant: *...for the retarded part of society that can't survive without our technology
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Summery:
Blah..blah.. blah.. more things I hate..
Oh and I like douchie philosophers like Nietzsche and Heideger.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Mozart and Beethoven did remarkable things with the pianoforte, using control of dynamics previously unavailable on the harpsichord and the other early keyboard instruments. In fact, I think it's safe to say that Beethoven's symphonies depend critically on the musical technology available to him - Mozart's as well, but not to the same extent.

Evolution comes from nothingness, when you have nothing around you and have to create a castle with a pair of stones.

Evolution happens when you build on the ideas of your predecessors.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

View Postdiebythesword76, on 15 March 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

The world is evolving? Why it's evolving, because you can navigate the web in your ipad/iphone/<call-it-whatever-you-like>? because you can see local weather or read the news through google glasses? Because you can 3d-print fucking stupid 'things' made of plastic?!? Oh what kind of evolution is this! These are toys for bored people in a society that lost its mind as a whole; a society that need to pay attention to a different thing every single minute or it die of its boredom. That's how our society evolved? Shit, I prefer a Mozart, Beethoven, Nietzsche, Sartre, Heideger society then; those men really evolved themselves and evolved their world around them, even us today; their spend their life creating art and thinking for the rest of us who are still infinitely small compared to these aforementioned giants

Yup. Fucking 3D printing isn't revolutionizing shit in the world today.

3D Printed Skull Implant Used in Reconstructive Surgery
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#85 GunnerInc  Icon User is online

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Because
you can 3d-print fucking stupid 'things'
made of plastic?!? Oh what kind of evolution
is this!

for one thing dumbsss, doctors "printed" a new skull for someone whos skull was crushed.

this bitching and whining has gone on long enough, nobody forces you to use current technolgy in your daily life.

putting this to rest... closed
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First