2 Replies - 3503 Views - Last Post: 22 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

ideas for mobile application security?

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

I was just wondering if anyone had some thoughts/ideas about mobile app security. Specifically things to do with preventing the theft of user credentials and also preventing the reverse engineering of applications. Are there tools or services our there that deal with this kind of thing that might use things like PKI or checksums to make sure that the application has the best chance possible of not being stolen or user credentials not being harvested?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: ideas for mobile application security?

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: ideas for mobile application security?

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

I'm not sure on the theft of user credentials so I'll let someone else take care of that.

For the Android side (I'm sure other operating systems have something similar) Google has it's licensing program. You can read about it here. http://developer.and...sing/index.html

There are tools called obfuscators that help others from stealing your code. You didn't specify a language so you can just search and find out which ones might work better than others. This doesn't make it 100% safe but it will require more effort on the user to make sense of your code.

This post has been edited by CP3: 21 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: ideas for mobile application security?

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostCP3, on 21 March 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

There are tools called obfuscators that help others from stealing your code.

Hm, haven't heard about that. Though, frankly speaking, haven't had to deal with code stealing yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1