10 Replies - 50140 Views - Last Post: 26 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Good Web Host?

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hello, Im looking for relatively cheap web hosting for a small e-commerce site...im not expecting lots of traffic..ive been researching for a bit now and most the ones i looked into offer pretty close to the same thing...searching for honest reviews of any of these sites is a task in itself so i was hoping someone here could help me with any recommendations...thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Good Web Host?

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Good Web Host?

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

It really depends on what you're looking to spend imo. Godaddy will get you running for cheap, but inmotionhosting tends to have better customer service and more stability to their system overall. Search the forums, I think I seen a similar post somewhere along the way with some other suggestions as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Im currently using Siteground (when registering a new hosting account, before you continue to checkout, you can "leave the page" and get even more discount off. I got a year hosting for about 35 usd, its extremely fast and great for small businesses.
I used ipage before, and although it's extremely cheap, I didn't find the speed good enough.
Good luck!

This post has been edited by Joshdw: 15 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

I have experience of GoDaddy, DreamHost, and JustHost. All these providers offer unlimited packages (storage, bandwidth, databases). The cost of each is pretty low (about 20 per month). Both JustHost and DreamHost offer good customer service. I can't comment on GoDaddy's customer service because I haven't yet contacted them.

Like someone said before, it depends what you want. Both DreamHost and JustHost are great, but they offer Linux hosting packages. If you want to deploy .Net applications then GoDaddy would be the one to go with.

Hope this helps,

galtech
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

ty all for your suggestions and help!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I used 2mhost.com when I had my site up. Cheap, reliable, and definitely worth the look at. (Easy to use to, and out of three years I used them, had only one downtime that lasted 10 minutes).

As far as Dreamhost goes...it's good...but not that cheap anymore.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

View PostJoshdw, on 15 March 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Im currently using Siteground (when registering a new hosting account, before you continue to checkout, you can "leave the page" and get even more discount off. I got a year hosting for about 35 usd, its extremely fast and great for small businesses.
I used ipage before, and although it's extremely cheap, I didn't find the speed good enough.
Good luck!

Good luck!

I had a website on siteground for 19$ a year, however they tried to charge me (on my luckily depleted prepaid credit card) around 40 to 100$ on several occasions for unknown reasons, and their tech support denied it when I asked about why...

Since then I no longer used them...I dislike hidden fees and working under the table
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

I used to use Geocities, now my site is hosted with Akroncdnr.com and my domain names are through Godaddy.

For what I pay I can't complain.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

View Postmr_j936, on 25 March 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Good luck!

Good luck!

I had a website on siteground for 19$ a year, however they tried to charge me (on my luckily depleted prepaid credit card) around 40 to 100$ on several occasions for unknown reasons, and their tech support denied it when I asked about why...

Since then I no longer used them...I dislike hidden fees and working under the table

Really? That's very interesting. I always set everything to manual renewel and always double check before paying. I've never had any problems with their support either, strange.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

I was a nub back 3 years ago, I did not read or check terms and services, all I know is that my cellphone kept buzzing about credit payments, despite having not visited my own website in 4 month...so maybe it was my fault, still keep your eyes peeled :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

View Postmr_j936, on 26 March 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

I was a nub back 3 years ago, I did not read or check terms and services, all I know is that my cellphone kept buzzing about credit payments, despite having not visited my own website in 4 month...so maybe it was my fault, still keep your eyes peeled :P/>

Haha okey, thanks for the heads up. All I know is that, after the first year, prices go up quite a bit (First year = cheap to grab customers attention)

Sorry for hijacking the thread by the way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1