3 Replies - 9822 Views - Last Post: 18 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Howdy

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

People of Dream.In.Code!

I'm a reluctant (because of school, itself, not programming) software engineering student at a local university, and decided that it would be good for my learning and general person to join a programming community.

My primary interest in the computer world is actually the history, but I expect that I'll be asking quite a few questions about Python. For some reason, I am constantly running into problems with Python even though I, at least, nominally know it. Hopefully being a member of this forum will help with that. I've been hurting for a language to do quick and dirty tasks.

This isn't to say that I won't be asking and hopefully answering questions about other languages/platforms that I'm more or less comfortable with. I hope that my presence here will add to the community.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Howdy

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Howdy

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hey, welcome hisao jen. Feel free to jump in, everyone here is awesome enough in their own ways, normally quick, and always willing to help.

What other programming/scripting languages are you familiar with? Timezones allow for everyone to pitch in around here when they can, and everyone seems more than appreciative, even when you throw up a fluke.... :)

Hope you enjoy your stay.

This post has been edited by Takk: 18 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Welcome to Dream in Code!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostTakk, on 18 March 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

What other programming/scripting languages are you familiar with? Timezones allow for everyone to pitch in around here when they can, and everyone seems more than appreciative, even when you throw up a fluke.... :)/>

Java and Groovy/Grails, mostly. I suppose C++ as well, although I've largely neglected it since the class I learned it in ended.

. . . Qt does look interesting, though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1