1 Replies - 1327 Views - Last Post: 19 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

find all entries entered on a certain date

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

My game server writes data to a mysql server when certain actions occur within the game, i've recently moved my game server to a new box and have noticed the system data was in american format, where on the old server it was UK format

now in my web interface where this data is display its throwing this error:

Strict Standards: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/ag09/public_html/idletf/forums/stats1/items/system/templates/drops.php on line 102

Notice: Undefined variable: item_method in /home/ag09/public_html/idletf/forums/stats1/items/system/templates/drops.php on line 102

i figure this is caused by the date format being wrong in some of the entries added the the database since we moved.

we moved to the new server yesterday so i hope it should be fairly easy to find all entries in the database that where entered yesterday, it's not that important data so i can just delete everything from yesterday if i could find it

any suggestions?

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: find all entries entered on a certain date

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: find all entries entered on a certain date

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hey.

That error has nothing to do with your data. It's issued by PHP on all servers that use date() but don't have a timezone set up properly in either the PHP config or the PHP scripts themselves. The error message mentions three methods you can use to correct the situation. I suggest you look up the date.timezone directive, and the date_default_timezone_set function.

Also, if you want to change the locale format of the date PHP is generating, look into the setlocale function. You may have to change your date() calls to strftime calls for that to work though.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1