• +
  • Last »

267 Replies - 13557 Views - Last Post: 20 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Spring - Summer 2013 Fitness

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 20 March 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Is the P90x thing working for you? Are you seeing results, or is it just maintaining?

Right now I'm trying to build some body-mass. I lost too much weight at one point and started lookin' all scrawny so I decided to use that to muscle up. Takes some patience but I'm definitely seeing results once you have a solid diet-plan and push your limits. It's good for whatever your goals are... fat loss/maintenance/bulking, etc. Just gotta make the necessary tweeks to make it happen.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Just added the military press to my repertoire. Burns so good.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• sudo pacman -S moneyz

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Started trying to do interval training instead of just a long run at the same pace. Found this app which some of you runners might enjoy: Zombies, Run!. Turns your running into a game where you can complete missions, collect items and help build your base.

You can hear the zombies getting closer in your headphones when you need to pick up the pace. Only used it a couple of times so far but it definitely makes the run a little more interesting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

my city has an annual zombie run where people dress as zombies and chase after runners in mud and up hills. Kinda fun
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#20 NeoTifa  Icon User is online

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

I have 2 5k's planned this year so far: the color run and the glo run
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#21 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Bring us back some trophies!

Should we put the call out to the D.I.C.-o-verse and have people along the route handing you water and cheering you on?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

i have also started to use tacfit.....it kicks my ass for now but hopefully i adjust to it.

This post has been edited by DarenR: 21 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

I have unfortunately had to give up the majority of my routine due to dislocating my knee for the 5th time. Now I'm searching for low impact/no impact workouts that don't put too much strain on the knees.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Winter has been good to me, definitely continuing more into the best shape of my life. Last night reached a new personal best performing 8 reps at 255lbs on Deadlift. Last night was also my near-failure point for holding the weight, so this weekend will be investing in some velcro straps to assist with grip.

After the next 8 weeks of school end and Summer begins, will be adding C25K the nights normally reserved for class along with my current weight routine.

All around feeling bigger, stronger, looking better, and definitely more confident in myself for having waded through the fire these last few months. Honestly can't wait to see my results come this time next year! ^^
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

@rgfirefly24 - that's brutal man, I feel for you. I've been out of my routine for over 2 months now because I threw my back out again. Have you had a PT show you strengthening exercises specifically for your knees?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

They have, but it's a painfully slow process and it doesn't 100% work because I apparently stretched the tendon on the inside of my knee. They said that I should use the leg machines at the gym, but alas I do not have a membership. So I was thinking of picking up a new bike and trying that since I've read that it helps strengthen the tendons. I'm hoping to be able to do squats again in 2 months.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

I was doing pretty good at the end of 2012. I was up to jogging (very slow) 3-4 miles every couple of days. January was a pretty big set back though. I had to spend a couple of weeks in the hospital and had about a foot of my colon removed. Now I get to try working myself back up to where I was. Starting out with walks and short jogs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

I wonder if stabbing a coworker in the neck over and over again counts as exercise. It's been one of those days.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

A few weeks ago, my boss declared that our workplace is encouraging bad habits given that the vast majority of our staff are chained to their desks for 40+ hours/week and, more often than not, proceed to eat their lunches at their desks and take work home where they sit some more.

To help encourage a healthier workplace for our department, she has implemented what the rest of us have dubbed "Walk-n-Talks". These are our departmental meetings - three times/week for one hour each session - instead of sitting around a table giving our updates and brainstorming, we do it on our feet while walking laps around the gym. It kind of sucks to walk laps in khakis and a cardigan, but I do bring sneakers along (they don't pay me enough to put up with the pain of walking laps in heels).

So that's three hours of moderate cardio on top of my 2-3 hours/week on the cursed machines in the gym (I'm looking at you, elliptical!).

I have, however, been severely slacking in the yoga and calisthenics department... my fat butt has been a little lazy at 5AM for the last couple months. I NEED to get up and do this. Which one of you wants to show up on my doorstep at 5AM to fight with me until I finally crawl out of bed and work out? Or at least call my cell phone and scream at me like a drill sergeant?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'm nowhere near awake at 5am, except the rare occasion where I have to go into work early, but if you need some motivation at around 8am when I leave my house headed to work, I can yell at you a bit then.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »