Hey guys, So I had this question for a while now, but thought I could work on it on my own. Turns out, it's a little complicated for me to learn this!
I made a small App on Windows (Using C++) that has a pixel character able to move around (up, down, left, right). And I thought before I go any further, I might as well make my app online now so it's less difficult in the future.
How can I do this?
Currently, I have a server app, when it's open, the player can join. When it's not open, the player cannot join.
BUT the problem is, only one person is allowed to join ?
So my main question is.. How can I get the server to connect multiple clients?
I read online I need a multithread, but I'm not sure how this works..
Can someone help explain this whole process to me?
Maybe a few examples would be nice, too!
If you need more information, leave me a comment ASAP:)
P.S. Currently, one server can be open, and one player can join. I want to allow a second player as well to play together (show eachother moving around as they do).
- Caffeine Lounge
- Corner Cubicle
- Student Campus
- Software Development
- Industry News
- Introduce Yourself
- C and C++
- .NET Framework
- Other Languages
- Game Development
- Mobile Development
- 52 Weeks Of Code
- Web Development
- HTML & CSS
- Graphic Design
- Flash & ActionScript
- SEO & Advertising
- Web Servers & Hosting
- Site Check
Follow & Share
- External Sorting with C
- C++ Windows Charting Library Part 6
- Bezier Curves Part 1 [Linear Algebra Series]
- STL Algorithms ~ Tutorial 1: Using sort()
- C++ Windows Charting Library Part 5
- C++ Windows Charting Library Part 4
- C++ Windows Charting Library Part 3
- C++ Windows Charting Library Part 2
- C++ Windows Charting Library Part 1
- Win32 Image Editing Program Part3.
- 338 More C++ Tutorials...
- C Snippets
- C++ Snippets
- Java Snippets
- Visual Basic Snippets
- C# Snippets
- VB.NET Snippets
- PHP Snippets
- Python Snippets
- Ruby Snippets
- ColdFusion Snippets
- SQL Snippets
- Assembly Snippets
- Functional Programming Snippets
- Perl Snippets
- HTML/CSS Snippets
- Flash/ActionScript Snippets
- Other Languages Snippets