3 Replies - 2881 Views - Last Post: 26 March 2013 - 04:46 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Parsing a wsdl xml file for parameter and return types

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to get the specific parameter and return types associated with operations in a wsdl file. I've tried a few C# classes to accomplish this like ServiceDescription, but so far I haven't found any methods that will give information for each specific information instead of just a list of datatypes for the entire file. Is there any class in C# that I can look at for parsing xml documents this way? Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Parsing a wsdl xml file for parameter and return types

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Parsing a wsdl xml file for parameter and return types

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Can you be more specific? For example, show us part of a WSDL file, and an example of the information you want extracted.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

The xml files I want to look at are online services, such as this. I can get the operation names from this xml source, but I can't get the input/return types associated with each operation. From what I've found so far, it seems like this is impossible to reliably do in C#, but I'm not sure if there's a specialized class or something similar that I missed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Just use the WSDL.exe tool pointed to the webservice. It will generate a C# file which will you give something more readable than the raw SOAP.

http://msdn.microsof...6(v=vs.80).aspx

If you really want to understand what the tool is doing, I believe that the source code for the tool is in the Windows SDK circa Windows Vista, or perhaps one of the earlier .NET Framework SDKs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1