1 Replies - 287 Views - Last Post: 24 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Which tool should i use to make an aspx site?

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

I have been a .net developer making internal web apps for a about a year now, so I am becoming comfortable with c#, razor, mvc, etc. A friend has asked me to create a web site for her that could potentially get into the area of over a million user accounts, though the website itself will probably only have around 5 to 10 pages total. At work, i use VS 2010 and I know there is an option to make a web site instead of a web app. I will be using a mysql database.

I have researched a bit and found many other tools, web matrix2, expressions web, web developer, etc. So I am a little confused as to which tool i should be using. This site will be hosted externally (hostgator or justhost are the likely choices).

So I was wondering if I could get some input as to what kind/size project these different tools are used for. there is a fair amount of logic to go along with this site, and I would like to be able to code it all in c#, in class files as I would a regular MVC web app. I would also prefer razor over aspx, though razor is a view engine, so I assume I would need to use an MVC framework. Either way, it is not a big deal.

Please let me know if the question is too vague, and I will try to be more specific. Specific questions would help. I know that if we all work together, we can get my problem solved! Thank you for your input.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Which tool should i use to make an aspx site?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Which tool should i use to make an aspx site?

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

If you have VS you should be able to make a web project and off you go for the code.

If you want to use Razor then sure.. get the install and voila!

http://msdn.microsof...=vs.100%29.aspx

As for hosting - just find a host that takes ASP.NET pages..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1