6 Replies - 511 Views - Last Post: 24 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Picture Scrolling Feature Help

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Good day, I am having trouble with a free template i am editing. There is a box on the front with a picture and forward/back arrows to scroll to other images. I have added more images to it, but now, when I hit the next button, instead of scrolling to the next image, it quickly scrolls through all the images until it gets to the last one. I am trying to get it to stop on each image until the arrow is clicked again.

Thank You for any help!

Hosted the site so you can see the problem: http://dersty.99k.org/

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Picture Scrolling Feature Help

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Picture Scrolling Feature Help

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Pick one forum or the other.
But please don't duplicate threads all over the place.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

The other one got closed anyways, I was just not sure if it was Java or HTML/CSS.
Sorry about that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

View Postd3rsty, on 24 March 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

The other one got closed anyways, I was just not sure if it was Java or HTML/CSS.
Sorry about that.

Your page uses jQuery, which is a Javascript (not Java) framework, and a jcarousel plug-in. You'll need to read the documentation for the plug-in to determine how to use, or modify, it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I have looked at the documentation, and found where i think i need to be, in "Usage>Manipulating the carousel". I am having a hard time though, because the code in the documentation looks so different from the code in my jquery.jcarousel.pack.js. I have tried "ctrl+f" the code from the documentation, but am only able to find words like, scroll or replace, and even they are not in the same format as he example code. Any suggestions? Below i have pasted code from the example, and from the jquery.jcarousel.pack.js that I am trying to fix.

Example:

$(function() {
    $('.jcarousel li:eq(0)')
        .addClass('myclass')
        .text('Item 1');
});

Code from the file:

};while(c--)if(k[c])p=p.replace(new RegExp('\\b'+e(c)+'\\b','g'),k[c]);return p}('(9($){$.1v.C=9(o){z 4.1b(9(){3p r(4,o)})};8 q={Z:F,25:1,21:1,u:7,1c:3,15:7,1K:\'2X\',2c:\'2Q\',1q:0,B:7,1j:7,1G:7,2F:7,2B:7,2z:7,2x:7,2v:7,2s:7,2p:7,1S:\'<P></P>\',1Q:\'<P></P>\',2m:\'2l\',2k:\'2l\

Sorry if i am asking stupid questions, I am a noob with this stuff still.

This post has been edited by Dormilich: 28 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

The code from jquery.jcarousel.pack.js is of limited use, as it is in a minified format. Even finding an original, un-minified, version may not help very much, depending on how complex, or hard to read, it is.

You have to follow the instructions for the plug-in to get it to work, and the only additonal code that it seems to require is:

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
		    jQuery('#mycarousel').jcarousel({});
		});

My suspicion is that (somehow) the images are numbered in the wrong order, so that what should be the next image has an index-number of 4, so that it jumps to the last element - but they are numbered 1-4 in the page(?). Otherwise, there is a remote possibility that the plug-in is flawed: this seems unlikely.

Sorry, can't help beyond this, other than that you might attempt to contact the author of the plug-in, or use their forum (if they have one).

I don't know if anyone else has experience with this particular plug-in :dontgetit:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Awesome, I will look further. Thank you for your help, and I will come back next time i am in need.

Thanks again!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1