Complex web design

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1538 Views - Last Post: 26 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Complex web design

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hi,

I have an idea for a website and mobile app I would like to see developed. It is what I think is quite a complex website. Can someone advise me on who I need to approach? A beta version to begin with would be ideal to get investors interested. What or who do I need? I'm more of a business man, not a computer man.

Thanks, Lewis
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Complex web design

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Complex web design

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

You could post a job in the Freelancing section. There are some people here who might be interested in whipping up a beta for you.

However you go about finding someone, you should offer them actual money, not a share of some eventual profits, and it's probably best to get a lot of details in writing. If neither of you have done this before, do some research on how you can use contracts to make this work a lot better. You'll have a much better working relationship if you spell out all of the details, including what's expected, how design changes are to be managed, what's to be paid and when, and who owns the finished IP - probably plenty more there, too.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

You could post a job in the Freelancing section. There are some people here who might be interested in whipping up a beta for you.

However you go about finding someone, you should offer them actual money, not a share of some eventual profits, and it's probably best to get a lot of details in writing. If neither of you have done this before, do some research on how you can use contracts to make this work a lot better. You'll have a much better working relationship if you spell out all of the details, including what's expected, how design changes are to be managed, what's to be paid and when, and who owns the finished IP - probably plenty more there, too.

Thank you, could you point me in the direction on the freelancing section? Can't seem to find it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Freelancing
Post a Job
Advertise Your Services
Share Your Project
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Please do not create duplicate topics. closing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1