3 Replies - 1051 Views - Last Post: 29 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Adobe Creative Cloud - is it worth it?

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

I'm looking at the Adobe Creative Cloud. For anyone not familiar with it and too lazy to google, it basically gives you access to some awesome adobe software including Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver (if that's your thing), and many MANY other tools. It costs a hefty $50 a month to get everything, but if you're a student or a teacher it can be had for $20 a month. $240 a year for the whole kit and caboodle actually seems pretty reasonable, but what do you guys think?

From my perspective, I've been considering getting into Flash, particularly after I learned about the Starling Framework from stayscrisp.

EDIT:
Upon looking at the terms, the $20 price is only for the first year, after that they raise it to $30

This post has been edited by atraub: 29 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Adobe Creative Cloud - is it worth it?

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud - is it worth it?

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Probably, but still to costly for my liking. I work with several people that have it and love it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

The Team package looks like a good deal. Especially if you're a team that does a lot of work in multiple Adobe products. Personally I've only ever used Flash and sometimes... only sometimes... Photoshop. That's just not worth it to me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

It doesn't seem like a bad idea if you want to dabble. Hell.. PS CS6 costs $600 on Amazon.. with the Creative Cloud it's $20/month. Not too bad and it looks like you can cancel and time.. so use flash.. play with flash.. pay the monthly due.. and when you don't care to play with it anymore cancel.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1