3 Replies - 7749 Views - Last Post: 10 April 2013 - 02:26 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to implement MVC in coldfusion

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hello ALL
How can we implement MVC 4 concept in coldfusion
The Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern separates an application into three main components: the model, the view, and the controller.
http://www.youtube.c...?v=pIv6yR9Q1IA.

Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to implement MVC in coldfusion

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to implement MVC in coldfusion

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Welcome to DIC, sarahmfr!

While CF is primarily a tag based language, it is a language whose tasks and operations are amenable to a Model/View/Controller architecture (MVC) and do so in an object oriented environment. Naturally, you can build an application with or without OO and MVC features. People whose development career started with CF tend to be more comfortable building apps without such frameworks and such while those who come to CF from other development languages seem to be the ones who are more comfortable with such things.

Either way, there is no single best way to implement a MVC architecture in CF. There ARE, however, a number of MVC frameworks that are agreeable with CF or were even developed with CF in mind. Those are:

Personally, I've worked with Fusebox, CFWheels and some ColdBox. I've been comfortable for years working without frameworks that apply a strict MVC architecture but I've also seen how they can be useful in cases. In addition to these commercial efforts, developers can and do "roll their own". The thing to keep in mind for all these frameworks is that they're taking advantage of CF's native OO capabilities but, in simple terms, they're using a series of CFINCLUDES to pull in the control, the data manipulation and the presentation layer.

In any event, have a look at those and see if any appeal to you. I've heard good things from other devs about FW/1. I'm told it's lightweight and doesn't impose an undue burden on your CF dev (whereas other options like Fusebox and ColdBox certainly can).

Good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

You can reply with FuseBox, it is easy and faster to implement mvc. then I prefer model-glue, it use xml file for event-handler. this is object oriented framework for coldfusion. fw/1 is light weight framework but does not provide enough help materials. for more details on framework go to link "http://www.adobe.com...orks_intro.html"
and
"http://www.bennadel....ven-Neiland.htm"

This post has been edited by Craig328: 01 April 2013 - 05:18 AM
Reason for edit:: Add link tags

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostCraig328, on 29 March 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Welcome to DIC, sarahmfr!

While CF is primarily a tag based language, it is a language whose tasks and operations are amenable to a Model/View/Controller architecture (MVC) and do so in an object oriented environment. Naturally, you can build an application with or without OO and MVC features. People whose development career started with CF tend to be more comfortable building apps without such frameworks and such while those who come to CF from other development languages seem to be the ones who are more comfortable with such things.

Either way, there is no single best way to implement a MVC architecture in CF. There ARE, however, a number of MVC frameworks that are agreeable with CF or were even developed with CF in mind. Those are:

Personally, I've worked with Fusebox, CFWheels and some ColdBox. I've been comfortable for years working without frameworks that apply a strict MVC architecture but I've also seen how they can be useful in cases. In addition to these commercial efforts, developers can and do "roll their own". The thing to keep in mind for all these frameworks is that they're taking advantage of CF's native OO capabilities but, in simple terms, they're using a series of CFINCLUDES to pull in the control, the data manipulation and the presentation layer.

In any event, have a look at those and see if any appeal to you. I've heard good things from other devs about FW/1. I'm told it's lightweight and doesn't impose an undue burden on your CF dev (whereas other options like Fusebox and ColdBox certainly can).

Good luck!

Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1