1 Replies - 1328 Views - Last Post: 01 April 2013 - 08:22 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Student "database" using linked lists? (C++)

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hello,

First time user of any c++ forums(been coding in c++ for about 3 years but I still run into a lot of issues for some reason - I guess I have a huge comprehension issue).

If anyone is kind enough to break down what I am being asked to create (question below), it will highly be appreciated. I have always had a smooth start to my semesters but when it reaches the third of fourth program with a little bit more, I blank out and can't seem to understand how to approach it at all. I have asked a couple of classmates the past 2 semester to help me understand some of them but I don't want to bother them this time, and its already freaking me out.

All I am asking for is how am I suppose to create the tables? What does the structure need to look like?

The assignment is below.

Thank you for your time

** I do not need any code **

For this assignment you ARE allowed to use the standard template library, but make sure that your tables are internally represented as linked list of rows.

You will implement 2 tables, namely students and grades. Some of the design choices are up to you. You can either implement separate classes, implement a template, or implement a generic class for both row types (e.g. storing the attributes in a string array), etc. You will need one or multiple classes for the table and one or multiple classes for the corresponding rows, i.e. each table will internally be represented by a linked list of rows.

The table "students" stores the following attributes: student id, first name, last name.

The table "grades" stores the following attributes: student id, term, year, grade.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Student "database" using linked lists? (C++)

• member icon

• View blog

Re: Student "database" using linked lists? (C++)

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

All I am asking for is how am I suppose to create the tables? What does the structure need to look like?

That really depends on the data. So with your data as listed:

The table "students" stores the following attributes: student id, first name, last name.

The table "grades" stores the following attributes: student id, term, year, grade.

What type of variables do you think you should use to hold this information?

To me a table would be represented by a vector/list of a structure/class that holds a "row"/"record",the individual data to be stored.

Without knowing anything about the class I'm only guessing about the requirements. You have been taking the class so you should be aware of the requirements.

Jim
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1