1 Replies - 693 Views - Last Post: 02 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Alternative use of Frames?

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hi everyone.. i am student and our teacher ask to develop a design...
I would like to create a page where in the main page is the only one that changes whenever i click to link in the left side of the screen... of course, it can be done by frames but take a look at FACEBOOK.

when you click in the account settings have you noticed that the header and the footer remains and there is a link in the left side. whenever you click on the left side the main page changes...

Any idea how to do that?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Alternative use of Frames?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Alternative use of Frames?

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hey.

What you are talking about is done using Javascript, usually involving AJAX to fetch and/or push data from/to the server.

Frames are an old concept. In modern websites they have been largely replaced by Javascript. Javascript can pretty much do whatever you want it to do to the page. If you want a link to refresh the main contents of the page without changing anything else, then Javascript can do that. If you want a link to open a dialog box on top of the page without changing the contents of the page, allowing you to close it later and restore the page, all without refreshing the page, then Javascript can do that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1