2 Replies - 631 Views - Last Post: 03 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello. I am new to programming

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

Greeting Everyone,
My name is Elethia and I am very new to the programming world. Started this semester with my first programming class Intro to Java, and I have to say that I am starting to become discouraged that I am not picking it up fast enough. Should I be worried about this? I am slowly getting the concept of what is required to program with java but I sometimes feel like I am falling a bit far behind in class. I have a friend in the IT department at my work who has assured me that it will take time to learn java and to not give it up. But I sometimes get frustrated and wonder if I am ever going get the hang of it. I guess I am looking for some words of encouragement from fellow programmers to help me stay on this path. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

~Elethia

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello. I am new to programming

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Hello. I am new to programming

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hello, I'm also new around here, and also a student. :D/>

Intro classes should be about how to declare variables and making ifs and loops, not on a specific language.

As for your frustration, that is a very common feeling and probably will be present a lot in your programming life.
As a programmer you will always be learning something new, or at least you should be, and challenging yourself.
It becomes more easy with time and lot of practice. Is not easy but is really rewarding.

One of my intro classes was with Java, maybe I can help you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Hello. I am new to programming

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

It hopefully will get easier for you..and welcome
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1