2 Replies - 1442 Views - Last Post: 04 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Where to find good info on SECURE programming?

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

As my college career comes to an end, I'm sure its no surprise to any of you reading this that I say college never taught secure programming methods. The issue of security rarely comes up for a lot of students getting their bachelors degrees. So I ask you, what books/tutorials/whatever do you recommend that explain and show some commonly accepted secure programming techniques? A simple, GENERAL example of what im getting at is something like, techniques to avoid SQL injections. Though, I am somewhat familiar with that. I would like some information regarding secure programming overall, not just sql injections.

If this is not the correct forum, I apologize, being that college was kind of a key topic here, I decided to post it here. Feel free to move it to the correct forum if this isnt it.

This post has been edited by NecroWinter: 03 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Where to find good info on SECURE programming?

#2 cfoley  Icon User is online

• Cabbage
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Where to find good info on SECURE programming?

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

That's something I'm interested in finding out about too. You do hear of some universities teaching "ethical hacking" and others teaching "forensics". I think classes like these would be more valuable than a set of best practices. Unfortunately, I don't have any useful links but maybe googling computer forensics would turn up some useful stuff.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Where to find good info on SECURE programming?

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_b_20
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1