3 Replies - 265 Views - Last Post: 08 April 2013 - 01:44 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I am a beginner in java programming can someone give me some guideline

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

I am a student.I was learning java.I am reading HOW TO PROGRRAM by deitel.
What should i do to learn it more fast and more accurately.Give me some guideline.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I am a beginner in java programming can someone give me some guideline

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I am a beginner in java programming can someone give me some guideline

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

That's a pretty good book with a lot of examples. It covers a lot, but it is a bit boring because it is so technical. The tutorials section here is nice as well. The best advice anyone can give you is to persevere.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#3 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Start by learning the core language well. That means working with primitives (ints, doubles, chars, booleans) and basic operators (arithmetic operators) and control structures like if, for, while, etc.

I don't know Deitel's book, but I recommend that, whatever book you use, you type in every example of code that the book shows you, and get it running, and make sure you understand each line of it. To test your understanding, make changes and see if the changes do what you expect them to.

If the results surprise you, read that section again, check the Java tutorials at Oracle's site (http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/) and experiment some more.

If you still can't figure it out, ask a question about it. To make it a really good question, show an example of code, and show us what it does (paste in the output) and tell us why that surprised you - that is, tell us what you expected instead.

Needless to say, you should also work every exercise in the book, even if they seem trivial.

Once you've got the core language down, you can learn the rules about defining and using objects and classes, and then you learn the most important libraries, and then you'll pretty much know java.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Thanks a lot
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1