Lithium Technologies is seeking a Senior/Mobile Web Engineer who wants to flex their mobile development muscles and be part of a dynamic, growing team of engineers dedicated to defining and creating the next generation in front-end mobile technology. The world of web development is quickly evolving from a thin client model to one with rich and robust browser-based, user interface functionality, using the latest developments in front-end technology.
At Lithium, we strive to constantly improve the way we build mobile user interfaces and not only employ the latest mobile development methodologies, but also "push the envelope" to discover and establish our own, unique approaches to mobile development. Lithium is the leader in developing software that powers the social customer experience as well as the place to build your career in social. Come on, get up close and social with us!!!
As a Mobile Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include working with a team to develop a rich mobile web application for enterprise-level Software as a Service (SaaS) applications; constantly driving for consistent user interaction by using cutting edge mobile frameworks. In addition, you will be able to clearly communicate your ideas and both openly and honestly provide and receive regular input from your peers. While teamwork is of the utmost in importance, you can also work independently with minimal supervision, and take the initiative to constantly keep yourself engaged.
- Work with a team to develop rich mobile user interfaces for enterprise class SaaS applications
- Ability to quickly learn and master skills in new technologies
- Drive for consistent user interaction by consolidating on common components
- Write quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Have a strong sense of fun and a passion for being part of a movement; As part of the Lithium family, you have a unique opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic and closely-interactive group of people whose focus is to help shift the paradigm of how social media will impact business
- Bachelor"s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 3 - 5+ years hands-on experience in full development life cycle software development, predominately for mobile web applications
- Hand-coded, W3C-compliant and semantic HTML and CSS with an emphasis on CSS-driven page layouts
- Experience with a mobile web application framework such as jQuery-mobile, Sencha, KendoUI or jQTouch
- Familiarity with best-practices for usability and accessibility standards
- Writing high-quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Proficiency in a server-side scripting language such as JSP, PHP, or ASP
- Solid understanding of working within a Model-View-Controller program architecture paradigm
Highly desired experience in one or more of the following areas
- A passion for Social Media
- Familiarity and experience with Agile (scrum) development process
- Experience creating consumer facing mobile web applications
- Proven track record of identifying and championing new technologies that enhance the, software quality, developer productivity, and end-user experience Java/J2EE server-side development
Why join our team
Lithium offers a great working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. We're looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players that enjoy brainstorming new ideas, working with the best and brightest in the social media software industry and who want to take their career to the next level.
Lithium Technologies helps leading companies use social media to engage customers and drive business results. We create vibrant social communities across websites, Facebook, and the broader social web that increase sales, reduce service costs, and accelerate innovation. This is a great opportunity to join one of the hottest companies in B2B social media. We have strong traction with the world"s leading brands, are experiencing rapid growth, and are recognized as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester. The world's most innovative companies use Lithium to engage their customers in breathtaking new ways (literally, breathtaking). They're increasing revenue, reducing expenses, and strengthening their brands. And most importantly, they're building a lasting competitive asset—a brand nation—with their customers.