• (2 Pages)
  • +

19 Replies - 1061 Views - Last Post: 11 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Question about all web pages.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

So hunted about iframes too.
So consider you have 3 layouts. Layout1 is about a general page. Layout2 is about video gallery and layout3 is of image gallery. So there would be many pages of general content. So layout1 will be like ten pages. So for all layout1 pages I'll make a base .html file having source of layout1 and while creating a new page, I'll just put the one liner link of the iframe. In this way I'll be able to create ten new pages And all the pages would be linked to the .html base file having the source code of all of these ten pages. So you edit the base source file and you edit all ten pages. Same with all three layouts.

Am i headed in the right direction?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

Yes and no. Iframes are a depreciated method of accomplishing your task. However, as a beginner to development, I think it's important that you understand them and know how to use them properly as there are times when they are considered appropriate. If this is your first major site, by all means, use them. Learn what they're all about. But I would recommend spending some time learning PHP or Ruby (or some other scripting language) for your next project. If web development is something you enjoy, the more you expand you mind and broaden your knowledge base, the further you'll go.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the letter B and the number 9.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#18 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• Fire giant boob nipple gun!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

The word is deprecated :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

Yea I am getting you. And guessed correct. This is my first major project. I've done a site with weebly. Its running, its live.
But this would be coded A-Z by me. Graphical work would be prepared by me. The whole website will be done by me without any platform help. I hate the drag and drop thing on weebly. There is no fun in that. So I've decided this project totally compiled by me.
So as ya said, I'll use iframes and learn more. Because after giving a thought, i did found some things which can be tricky and eventually will make me tired. Side by side its time to put my hands on PHP.
Others opinion is also appreciated. I would like to improve more and more.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

View Postandrewsw, on 11 April 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

The word is deprecated :)

Pardon my predictive text.
Was This Post Helpful? 0